Who can I talk to about helping me with my case?

Court staff may be able to give you information about your case, but they are not lawyers and cannot give you legal advice. By law, it is illegal for them to advise you about how to handle a case. Court staff does not have the authority to reschedule a court appearance or excuse a failure to appear. If you need advice, you must contact an attorney.

Show All Answers

1. Who can I talk to about helping me with my case?
2. Can I write a letter to a judge?
3. Can I talk to a judge about my case?
4. What can I do if I have a warrant for my arrest?
5. What can I do if there is a default judgment against me in a civil traffic case?
6. What can I do if I cannot make it on time for a court appearance?
7. What happens if I fail to appear on my court date?
8. When is my next court date?
9. Do I have to report a change of address?
10. What if I need special accommodations, such as an interpreter or a hearing device?
11. How do I attend defensive driving school for a traffic ticket?
12. If I have to pay a fine, when do I need to pay it?
13. How do I pay a ticket or fine?