General Parks Information
Local groups may reserve a city park by notifying the Parks & Recreation Office no less than seven days prior to date of use, although the more notice we can be given, the better your chances are of securing a park. Depending on the activity, groups may need to go through the Special Event Permit Application process. For further information, contact the Parks & Recreation Office at 520-421-8677.
We strive to make our programs, parks, activities and facilities accessible to all. Please let us know what accommodations you require to make your participation more enjoyable.
Park areas may be closed for service or maintenance. Please contact the Parks & Recreation Office if you have any questions.
- Reservations require a minimum 7 business days advance notice.
- When you make your reservation you will be asked the type of activity (picnic, family reunion, special event, tournament) and number of attendees.
- For parties of more than 100 people, a series of additional questions will be asked to determine the possibility of the need for clean-up deposits, liability insurance, and/or a special event application process.
- Reservations can be taken over the telephone at 520-421-8677 using a credit or debit card.
- Stop by the office at 404 E. Florence Blvd. to reserve a ramada using cash, check or card.
No refunds issued. If your event is rained out, please contact our office within three working days to receive credit and reschedule your event.
Credits can be applied to other reservation fees and/or other recreation program fees.
Although you currently cannot make a reservation online, you can check the availability of a location prior to calling our office by visiting http://online.activenetwork.com/casagrande/Facilities/FacilitiesSearchWizard.asp.
Clean-up Deposit – $110*
Key Deposit – $60*
*Due the business day before rental
Ramada, per hour (minimum of four hours) – $6.25*
*Due at time of reservation
The City of Casa Grande offers a variety of facilities, indoor and outdoor, that can accommodate meetings, picnics and parties.
Please contact us for our policies, fees and forms for group rental of a shooting bay.
- Carr McNatt Park
- Ed Hooper Rodeo Park
- Elzy Pearson Shooting Range
- Dave White Regional Park
- North Mountain Park
- O’Neil Park
- Peart Park
- Villago Community Park
- Albert Cruz Park
- Burruss Park
- Gilbert Park
- Mosley Park
- North Mountain Park
- Rancho Grande Park
- Rotary Park
- West Park
General Park Rules
This is not an all inclusive list of park ordinances and guidelines, just a general outline.
Most City Parks close at 11:00pm (City Ordinance 12.04.020)
Mountain Parks have dawn to dusk hours. Contact the office for hours of specific locations.
There shall be no amplified music without prior approval from the Community Services Director (City Ordinance 12.04.040)
- There are three parks (Dave White, Peart, and Villago) in which amplified music is currently allowed with certain restrictions. In all cases, noise levels within all parks must remain at an acceptable level.
- All amplified music must cease by 8:00pm at Dave White Park and Villago Community Park, and by 10:30 at Peart Park.
- Music must be kept at a reasonable level to avoid disturbance to other park users and nearby residents.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in loss of amplified music privileges.
Consumption of alcoholic beverages within Peart, O’Neil, Nutt and Elliott Park require a permit. Permits are free and issued to the responsible party for the event. Permits must be obtained in person at the Parks & Recreation Office.
Events open to the public or private events utilizing vendor services and specialty items, such as catering, event organizers, rock walls, game booths, canopies/tents 10′ x 10′ or larger, dog shows, or anything City staff determine as having risk potential will be assessed utilizing the special event process. Please contact the office for an application.
- The areas reserved shall be left in an orderly condition and all papers, rubbish and other debris shall be deposited in the proper receptacles. (City Ordinance #12.04.040, #12.04.100).
- No glass allowed in any park. (City Ordinance #12.04.110).
- There shall be no cutting of any vegetation or mutilation of trees or shrubs.
- No fires shall be made in the park except in designated fire places or fire rings as approved by the Community Services Director.
- Damage and/or litter to facilities may result in charges and may jeopardize your privilege to make future reservations. If you see vandalism at a park area or facility, please call 911, Park Rangers at 520-421-8700, or the Parks and Recreation Office at 520-421-8677.
- Personally owned inflatables are not permitted in City parks.
- Park users must use a vendor that meets City requirements (City business license and certificate of liability insurance). Park users must notify the Parks and Recreation Office at least a week prior to reservation date.
- No water. Inflatables that require water such as slip & slides, dunk tanks, water tag, water balloons, etc. are not permitted.
- Autos, trucks, vans or other motorized vehicles may not be driven in/on or parked upon any off-the-road area (City Ordinance #12.04.160).
- There shall be no sale of any kind of goods in the park without prior approval from the Community Services Director and business authorization obtained from the City. In addition, the Community Services Director may require additional information such as Certificate of Liability Insurance, additional deposits, etc. (City Ordinance #12.04.020).
Park restrooms are open from approximately 7am to dusk. Keys are available with a park reservation with a $60 key deposit (cash or check). Keys can be picked up the business day before the event, deposit returned upon keys being returned.
- Ramadas are reserved as is. Most ramadas are equipped with electricity, picnic tables, grills, play equipment or other amenities.
- The Parks and Recreation Divisions do not guarantee the availability of power due to overloading, malfunctions, or vandalism.
- Picnic tables in the park are available on a first come, first served basis. We cannot guarantee the placement of tables due to mobility of this equipment.
- Barbeque grills are provided throughout the parks for your enjoyment. Open-pit fires are prohibited.